Friday, March 22, 2013
Unicharm To Buy Myanmar Sanitary Products Maker
TOKYO (NQN)--Unicharm Corp. (8113) said Friday it has basically agreed to buy Myanmar Care Products Ltd., a manufacturer of disposable diapers and feminine hygiene products based in Myanmar.
The Japanese sanitary goods maker will acquire all outstanding shares owned by Singaporean investment fund CFA International Paper Products Pte. Ltd., which holds an 88% stake in the company, also known as Mycare. Unicharm will also buy 10% of Mycare's total outstanding shares. The purchase will bring Unicharm's total stake in Mycare to 98%.